This role will be a full stack position leveraging Node.js, and Google Cloud services with a strong emphasis on front-end. As a senior role on the team, this role will set examples for the team in technical and user experience excellence with cross platform/device experience.
Must have strong desires to learn and stay in the forefront of the new technology that can benefit the team and product. Main duties include creating modules and components for our existing application, performing code reviews and contributing to refactors. They will work in an Agile team with other developers, across other teams, with quality assurance, and product management all in various time zones.
Key Day-to-day Tasks:
- Develop medium to large software projects
- Participate in scrum meetings
- Analyze, interpret, and make decisions affecting work methods and procedures
- Participates in requirements analysis, architectural design, or detailed user stories breakdown
- Write detailed, accurate and concise development documentation
- Debug and correct problems in existing software
- Accurately estimate the complexity of a task as requested
- Resolve complex software problems/bugs
- 2+ years of Test-Driven Development with Jest or similar testing framework
- Angular, ReactJS
- Redux, specifically with ngRx
- js using Express, PostgreSQL
- Testing with Cypress.js framework
- Familiarity and experience with Agile process, CI/CD & build automation tools and SRE best-practices.
- Experience with GIT required
- Experience with Firebase is a plus
- Experience with WCAG, Analytics, and SEO is a plus
- Work independently with little supervision
- Exercise troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate on projects through phone, video, and screen sharing
- Ability to work both individually and in team environments.
- Be able to articulate and communicate effectively, both in written and oral formats
- How much BE experience is required?
Ideally FE/BE split is 70/30
- Besides Jest and Cypress, should they know any other frameworks?
- What’s the size of the team they’ll be working with?
We are aiming to establish 3 to 5 developers + QA, PO, and Designer in our scrum team, which in the future would be more cross functional rather than a straight front end team versus backend team.
- Should they be commutable to Costa Mesa or Boulder or is remote possible?
Can be fully remote. However, once a contractor is converted to a full time employee, hybrid working is required for staff located near Costa Mesa or Boulder. Should set expectations.
What requirements are required vs. nice to have?
We are looking for really experienced React developers, familiar with Redux, experience with cloud native React development on AWS or GCP. Looking for top quality.