Looking for a motivated and experienced software engineer to design, develop, and implement the next generation of our cloud-based application platform. This is a hands-on role, for an aspiring leader prepared to engage with a team in solving challenging problems using state-of-the-art technology.
Our goal is to provide a scalable application platform to drive the business of baseball and our clients’ businesses. You will partner with business stakeholders and product management to architect and build scaled, low-latency micro-services driven cloud-based systems that integrates with mobile application, web client, and third-party platforms. The ideal candidate will be a tenacious and creative problem solver with the ability to quickly prototype solutions.
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and in a team environment
- Work within a strongly test-driven development structure
- Must be articulate and communicate effectively, both in written and oral formats
- Help introduce new technologies to engineering team, taking part in training, adoption, and execution of new platforms.
- Exercise troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to maintain and meet schedules
- Evaluate and reimagine current Products, Platforms, and Tools, include:
- Systems and service architecture and API design
- Identity management, user profile data integration
- Evaluate and recommend latest cloud-based web services
- Support mobile app and front-end integration
Technologies and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent) is required
- At least seven (7) years of web application development experience with hands-on coding
- Development experience with HTTP, JSON, Rest, XML. GraphQL a plus
- Experience with CDN and caching
- Experience with distributed and microservice design patterns
- Experience building large-scale cloud-based services.
- Experience with Secure Coding Practices and assurance that these practices are consistently followed in the development of all software products
- Strong working knowledge of Agile process, CI/CD & build automation tools and SRE best-practices.
- Experience with GIT required
Key technical domains:
- Database: large-scale implementation and utilization of NoSQL, & SQL solutions
- Containers/Orchestrators, such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Extensive knowledge working with cloud-based infrastructure. Experience with API gateway such as Apigee, and serverless architecture using Google Cloud Functions is a plus.
- Experience with Message Brokers, such as Google PubSub, RabbitMQ, is a plus
- Any other framework requirements?
Java, Sprint Boot are the only key requirements. However, knowledge of Kafka would be a huge plus.
- What’s the size of the team they’ll be working with?
3 to 5 developer team + QA, PO, Designer, depending on the project.
- Should they be commutable to Costa Mesa or Boulder or is remote possible?
For contractor position, they can be fully remote. However, once a contractor is converted to a full time employee, hybrid working is required for staff located near Costa Mesa or Boulder.
What requirements are required vs. nice to have?
The core requirement is Java and Spring Boot, the rest are nice to have.