Our Interactive team is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer with a passion for building great user experiences across a variety of platforms and the supporting services to power them. We expect our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and to be enthusiastic when taking on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push the technology forward.
- Set forth code quality guidelines and standards, lead code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications.
- Architect, design and build highly innovative and functional user experiences on iOS, Android, VR (oculus) headsets and web.
- Work closely with product and design to develop compelling cross-platform end-to-end experiences across multiple features and products.
- Act as subject matter expert and escalation point for the day-to-day operational activities across the landscape of applications utilized by the business.
- Aid in the RFP process to select vendors for implementation work and, following selection, to hold them accountable, and to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Automate repetitive and complex tasks by developing tools and processes that our team can rely on for daily development, testing, and release management.
- Participate in architectural, design and product sessions.
- Growing the platform to millions of concurrent users through solid architecture choices and design principles.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the Engineering and Executive teams.
- Stay on top of industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Exemplify excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to deftly tailor technical communications to any audience.
- Push the limits, try new technologies, take calculated risks, swing for the fences and proactively search for the best solutions and ideas in the marketplace.
The ideal candidate is a solutions oriented person who is unafraid to get their hands dirty. You have experience across the full stack and software development lifecycle of an application. Familiarity with a variety of technologies but know how to choose the best technology for the job at hand. Ideally you are familiar with the sports & eSports industry as well as digital, tech, gaming, and streaming media.
Pivotal Experience, Expertise & Personal Characteristics:
- 5+ years experience as a Front End or Full stack Engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in native iOS and/or Android development.
- Experience utilizing React Native and/or Flutter for application development.
- Expertise with Node.js (Typescript preferred), Go, Rust, Python, Java or Ruby.
- Experience with Unity/Unreal or similar game engines.
- Experience with container based (docker/kubernetes) and serverless solutions.
- 4+ years experience working with NOSQL and SQL database systems.
- Experience with Video streaming is a big plus (ex: FFMPEG, Ngnix, Wowza, knowledge of codec and streaming protocols).
- Demonstrated expertise in developing, releasing, and maintaining large-scale software applications.
- Informed opinions on application design and library development but always willing to listen to differing opinions.
- Driven to automate your processes, test continually, and document your work.
- Not afraid of an open, candid, and respectful work environment.
- Passion for video live-streaming, sports or eSports is a plus.