What you’ll do:
- Hire exceptional researchers to support and help guide product team
- Manage a team of researchers and coach them to improve their craft
- Own end-to-end research process and operations-ensuring an efficient and valuable partnership with product teams
- Define and manage all inputs/outputs of the research organization, maximizing work transparency and external reference.
- Partner closely with other leaders in our organization to understand the most important research questions and ensure that researchers engage where they are likely to have the most significant impact inspire people with research-maintain an informed and highly empathetic product, empowering everyone to better understand and achieve our mission
- Provide guidance and feedback on research project plans, study design, execution, analysis, and deliverables
- Plan and execute broad strategic research that will influence the long-term vision and direction of our organization, providing a foundational understanding for more targeted research and strategy to be built upon.
What you’ll bring
- Portfolio of successfully applied end-to-end user research efforts influencing the direction of great digital products and experiences.
- Experience growing and managing a team of user researchers of varying levels
- Experience guiding research and product teams towards high value areas through broader product and customer analysis
- An excitement and passion towards your work, obsessing over critical insights, and pushing teams to better understand, empathize, and prioritize.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to inspire different audiences across the organization with research
- Experience and ability to manage external vendors, manage budgets, and present executive summaries.
- Ability to see patterns in day-to-day work and connect them to our big-picture product strategies and user experience visionsAn organized mindset, thinking about all the inputs and outputs of research efforts to maximize visibility and transparency of work