The client has two roles open for the Data Scientists on the team with one of a Sr Data Scientist role who are independent, creative and can coach the younger teammates. The other role is of a mid/ jr level resource. For both roles strong math skills are important to be able to dig deep and offer alternate views and recommendations to the current processes.
As a Data Scientist on the team, you will:
- Partner with Product, Insights, Strategy, and Engineering teams to understand the various client needs and the company’s competitive edge and deliver scalable and correct solutions.
- Be a resident expert in statistics, machine learning, and the design of statistical experiments.
- Model technical excellence and mentor other data scientists.
- Understand the team mission, propose new initiatives and metrics, and be able to advocate for your suggestions.
- Maintain communication with our cross-functional partners and be able to present your findings effectively to an executive audience and cross-functional teams.
- MS in Statistics or Quantitative discipline such as Engineering, Physics, Math plus 5+ years work experience in stats, data science, or tech
- Experience using data science to impact product strategy
- Experience mentoring data scientists
- Experience evangelizing best practices and process improvements on your team
- Industry experience using machine learning, A/B testing, methods for experimental design, and causal inference
- Adept using SQL, Python, and Jupyter notebooks
Nice to Haves:
- PhD in Statistics or Quantitative discipline such as Engineering, Physics, Math plus 3+ years work experience in stats, data science, or tech
- Record of writing and optimizing code in a production environment
- Record of coaching others to improve technical outputs
- Excellent communication skills: able to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audiences from reports to peers to executives and to non-technical audiences